Sunday, January 12, 2014

Top 5 I Shouldn't Like

Like anything and everything, there are things that just don't really make sense why they're liked. People always think that people shouldn't like other things, but yet they gain absurd amounts of praise. Like who shot Roar or Harlem shake up on the billboard hot 100? Well, these are the 5 that I disagree with myself on, the top 5 songs of 2013 I SHOULDN'T LIKE.

Honorable Mention: Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke feat. T.I., Pharrell
Yep, this again. Hey, shut up, it's catchy, I'm weak to that kinda stuff! And... well... It's kinda fun to sing along to. Well, not the terribly offensive stuff, god no. But I tend not to care about lyrics in this kinda stuff anyways, right?



#5. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus
Yep, this one. It's kind of bittersweet song, it seems as if "going hard" and this lifestyle is like an addiction. No, I don't think that was intended, and no, I don't think that's the reason I hold it so highly. I dunno, the song is just really catchy and fun to listen to. It's like Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon. It's pretty bad, yeah, but it still feels fun to listen to. To me, anyways. Shut up.

#4. Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus
Was this the year of shitty music videos or what? The video kinda undermines the idea of the song, as well as is just unnecessary shock material. Synth cheese sounds good enough in the chorus for my attention though. Really not that great though.

#3. Cups - Anna Kendrick
No, I'm not gonna watch Pitch Perfect, and I really have no defense on this one. It's catchy? Noticing a trend here? But yeah, this song is weak-sauce, super short, and thrives and this weird beat. No, I'm not saying any part of this song is good, because they really aren't. I just... You know... If there's nothing else on the radio...

#2. 22 - Taylor Swift
This one I can easily point to why I like it, although it's again falling back on the same reason I like any goddamn song, isn't it? It's catchy, but this one's poppy, upbeat. Yeah, it's a musical nothing, but it's pretty much the same reason I still enjoy Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae.

#1. Cruise (Remix) - Florida Georgia Line feat. Nelly
Now, look. I hate country. There are 4 styles of country which are just an arrangement of male/female and fast/slow. But this one... This is also similar to Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon. The lyrics are just horrendous, awful. Terrible. But goddamn is it catchy and fun and puts a stupid grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment