Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bottom Pop of 2013

No holdin back now! Here we go, my 5 LEAST FAVORITE SONGS OF 2013 POP.

Honorable mention: Blurred Lines - Robin Thick feat. T.I., Pharrell
This song has some pretty awful lyrics, as well as having the hands-down WORST music video I've ever seen. But I can't deny that the beat is catchy, and I van enjoy the groove of T.I.'s bridge, even if the lyrics do suck. Again, it's a lyrical nightmare, offensive to some, but I can still enjoy it. Even if it is an awful, awful song.


#5. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
This was a song that didn't ever want to die. When I hear this song on the single rock station I listen to, I get a bit upset. This is not a rock song. It's pretty weaksauce as a pop song. I mean, the intro's all right, then it just kinda devolves into bland, boring. I don't like listening to it, it's a bit slow, the melody doesn't really click with me, and it's just weird. A bad kind of weird, just... It's hard to pinpoint why I don't like songs, especially this one. But this doesn't work for me, not a song I'll hold onto.

#4. Love Somebody - Maroon 5
You can't say this song isn't catchy, but that's probably the only thing about it. It's catchy, but you never want this song to remain in your head. It's there and you're upset. At least I am. I don't really enjoy the music to it, at the song's about as unconvincing as it gets. Maroon 5 used to be good, I swear. Now they just exist.

#3. Stay - Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko
I remember the first time I heard this song. I noticed the simplicity of the chords... And then they never changed. And whatever, maybe it's about Rihanna being weak and kinda helpless, but I don't really care much for lyrics in a pop song unless it's all the song has. Which, honestly, this song pretty much only does have, but I just don't care about Rihanna or her troubles. Not something I can relate to.

#2. Come And Get It - Selena Gomez
Hey, remember that one level from Crash 3? You know, the Arabian one with the carpets and the guys that throw boxes? You ever want to put a boring, unexcited, weak female lead
on it? No? Well, too bad. Come and get it. The song plods on, doesn't ever really deviate from the boring nature, has like 6 words in the chorus that repeats over and over and over.

#1.  When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars
Bruno, you were my man for like 3 songs. You did do some good, fun, interesting songs. This is not one of them. I don't care for your slow music, it's boring and I don't really connect with it. I'd hate to say that he sounds insincere, as I haven't listened to it long enough to remember. Because I don't care about boring.


No comments:

Post a Comment